USANA® Digestive Enzyme
USANA® Digestive Enzyme supplement, with artichoke extract, supplies enzymes to help you digest your meals more efficiently and alleviate the sense of fullness after a large meal.
The USANA® Digestive Enzyme supplement supplies enzymes to help you digest your meals more efficiently and alleviate the sense of fullness after a large meal or bloating associated with digestion. Now with added artichoke extract, this unique formula also helps provide relief from occasional digestive issues.*
Digestive enzymes play an important role in our health, but as we age, the amount of enzymes that our body naturally produces declines. USANA® Digestive Enzyme supplies a wide range of supplemental enzymes that support the breakdown of dietary carbohydrates, fat, protein, lactose, and cellulose (from plants). It encourages more complete digestion to support the absorption of macronutrients.* In addition, USANA’s® supplement is unique because it contains artichoke extract, which helps relieve occasional stomach upset, especially after a large meal.*
- Supplies enzymes to support normal digestion and optimal macronutrient absorption*
- Helps relieve occasional stomach discomfort, indigestion, and the sense of over-fullness that may occur after eating a large meal*
- Supports body’s ability to digest lactose and fats properly*
THE BENEFITS OF USANA® Digestive Enzyme
Our body naturally produces enzymes to digest the foods we eat, but certain factors, including age or food sensitivities, may reduce our ability to digest foods efficiently. This can lead to stomach upset. Eating large meals can also cause mild indigestion.
Although eating a varied, healthy diet usually provides us with some enzymes to supplement those naturally made by the body, many of us don’t eat the way we should. And without a sufficient amount of functioning enzymes in our body, good digestive health may be impaired, which can lead to indigestion as well as a reduction in the amount of nutrients we are able to absorb from our foods.
THE SCIENCE OF USANA® Digestive Enzyme
Enzymes play an important role in human health. Many researchers over the last century have maintained that a loss of digestive enzymes may be a significant contributing factor to poor health as we age. This is likely partially because our food is not being broken down and we do not receive all the nourishment that we need from what we eat.
USANA® Digestive Enzyme helps aid digestion by augmenting the enzymes our pancreas naturally excretes with a wide range of the enzymes that help break down the food we eat:
- Alpha-amylase supports the digestion of starch.
- Bromelain, protease, and papain support the digestion of protein, the absorption of which is important to maintaining muscle health.
- Lactase assists in the digestion of foods containing lactose (e.g., milk) and helps with symptoms of lactose intolerance (including gas, bloating, and cramping).
- Lipase supports the breakdown of fats.
- Cellulase supports the digestion of cellulose,which usually comes from plant materials.
- Artichoke extract has been shown to be effective in relieving digestive complaints, such as mild dyspepsia (stomach upset), by aiding the digestion of fatty foods.*
THE USANA DIFFERENCE
Supplementing with USANA® Digestive Enzyme increases enzyme levels for optimal digestive efficiency. It is designed to support more complete digestion and absorption of macronutrients. The addition of artichoke extract makes USANA’s formula unique in the supplement industry.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.